My grandfather’s favorite cake was German Chocolate. It was the last dessert I made for him before he passed away. I used fresh, local chicken eggs for the icing, that turned out rich and decadent without being heavy.
Today, when I eat chocolate and coconut together, I think of him. I bet he would like these bars. And I would give anything to be able to make a plate of these for him.
German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars from Southern Living, Sept 2012
- 3 cups pecan halves and pieces
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the pecans in a shallow…
View original post 129 more words
4 thoughts on “German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars”
It looks and sounds amazing!
It was worthy of sharing 🙂
Looks great, I love both German Chocolate Cake and Pecan PIE!! 😀
A WINNER! When I saw it I had to re-blog!
Comments are closed.